Scavenger Hunt -13yr- Mall Hunt Clues & Rules
Cecilia in Valrico, Florida , US
This year was my daughter 13th birthday. She came up with the idea for a scavenger hunt at the mall. I usually spend several weeks planning her birthday party but this one came together in a day. It was a huge success.
First I bought cards, blank paper with a finger print and the word clue# at the local party store. Then I went to the mall and decided on the places I would send the special agents and what they would have to retrieve.
Then came the challenging part, coming up with the clues. It was tough at first but the more I wrote the easier it became.
We had 10 people show up on two days notice, 6 girls and 4 boys. At the mall, I divided them into teams, boys and girls.
Each team had a young adult captain. As captains, my nephew and his girl friend did a wonderful job keeping it fun, while keeping it safe. I wouldn't consider letting children walk around the mall alone.
Each team was given a bag with 21 clues and enough money to ride the carousel.
Each team also had a digital camera.
The winner would be the first team to complete the clues or receive the most points.
Each clue was assigned a point value on the back.
Both teams had the same clues but in different order.
Some of the clues were more challenging than others.
- Need a credit card application : Think Patriotic Bird (American Eagle)
- Think the birthstone of the 7th month on the third day of the week: I need an employment application from here. (Ruby Tuesday's)
- Ride the horse of course. Take a picture of your team on this great adventure. (Our mall has a carousel)
- Take a team picture with a Hollister Manikin.
- Not a quarters, dimes, or nickels but ____________.
- Count the number of stairs on the escalator.
- Espresso, Tea, and Coffee: you know where to go twinkle, twinkle, little_______lets you know.
- I need a straw from here. Buy 1 cookie from the Great American Cookie and everyone on the team has to take a bite.
(My favorite clue required a purchase ahead of time. )
- Find the place where hugs are worth a thousands words and where best friends are made. Find the box just for you and you will know what to do. This is of course is Build a Bear. I had purchased the Build a Bear skin and the voice box and had them Marked for both teams. The girls team built a bear and the boys team built a bear. Each team's bear had a voice recorder that recorded them singing happy birthday to my daughter. She loved these. It something she could keep as a souviner from the party.
Everyone had a great time.
BirthdayPartyIdeas.com - Birthday party ideas to help you plan your kids birthday party celebration.
NutcrackerBallet.net - Nutcracker information, performance directory and ballet reviews.
FreeParkConcerts.com - Find the best summer concert in the park near you!